Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just an update- I'm still pregnant!!!

I am 38 weeks today. I am huge. I am uncomfortable. And I am STILL not a Mommy!

I am starting to think that this sweet darling of a son that I am carrying is quite content where he is, and has no intention of ever coming out! (Yes, I do realize that is impossible- I will eventually give birth- but still!)

To answer the most common questions:

No- he has not dropped.
No- I have not been having any contractions (other than the Braxton-Hicks that I've been having for weeks and weeks.)
No- I have not started to dilate (at least, not as of last Friday.)
I'm trying really hard not to get grumpy (and failing miserably!) but I am ready to meet my son! Pregnancy was fun- now it's time to be a Mommy! Actually, I think I feel a little better now- I guess I'll go double check my hospital bags to make sure I have everything. (And dust off the suitcase, since it's been sitting for so long!)
Hopefully baby pictures will follow soon! :)

2 comments:

The St. John Family said...

I am sorry sweety! He will come soon! Not long now! I can not wait to meet him! Remember to relax! Drink some Rasberry tea with Red Tea Leaves little James might come a little faster!

Carrie Friday said...

I didn't think I was having any contractions other than Braxton Hicks and I was in labor. Don't be discouraged! I know once you get to the end all you can think about is getting that little one out, but just try to rest. Once he gets here, you won't get any for about 3 months! :o)

We're praying for you guys! Let me know if I can help in anyway or answer any questions!

carriefriday@gmail.com