Friday, June 19, 2009

We Survived VBS 2009!

Yes- I'm the loser with 2 posts in 1 day, but I had 2 VERY different things on my mind, and just couldn't find a connecting thought, so here we go!

I survived VBS!

Actually, it was much more than that- I enjoyed almost every second of VBS! I loved my class (or family group) and I will miss them terribly! I had 10 wonderful kids- only 3 from our church. Our family ranged from 4 years to 5th grade, and we had a great chemistry! By the end of the week, we really felt like a family! I LOVE the marketplace Bible School. Thank you Rose for a phenomenal week of learning, loving and just plain FUN! Suddenly, the book of Romans holds more appeal than ever- and I feel like Paul is a friend! (Possibly because the guy playing Paul all week IS a friend- but you know what I mean!)

Anyway, as soon as I locate my camera (it's in one of the many bags that I lugged back and forth from the church this week) I will post some of the pics. Be warned- the market was unbelievable!

And finally, the most important part.... 20 kids came to know Christ!!!! WOW!!! Totally worth every early morning.

1 comment:

zack and amanda jones said...

I just found your blog from Doris! How exciting! I can't believe James is a year...and walking! So fun. We are gearing up for a visit from all the grandparents here for Lily's bday. Can't wait. Keep in touch.