Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moving... for real this time!

The Bennetts are moving! Again. For real this time!

I realize that I made this same announcement this time last year... but I'm serious this time! Well,I was actually serious last time, but we couldn't sell the house. We still can't, but this time, that's OK!

We have decided to rent our house in Mobile, and we will be renting a house in Oxford. It's the best decision as long as the housing market is like it is. The best part is, we won't actually be paying rent! The house in Oxford needs a lot of work, mostly aesthetic, and we're going to be doing the work in leu of rent. Pretty cool, huh?

It's going to mean downsizing, and a lot of work, but it is the same stuff we've been doing to the house in Mobile, just without that pesky mortgage note!

I'm really excited to be going back home. Except...

I'm a little sad. This is the only house my kids have ever known! This is where we brought them home from the hospital. They both took heir first steps here. We worked ridiculously hard to make this house a home for our family, and now we're leaving it behind! That's difficult for me to wrap my brain around.

But I'm still going home.

And we'll make that house a home too... until we're ready to build our dream house! And then, we'll do it all again! :-)


No comments: